- Prototype DTI 5 4- cylinder Euro-6 step C engine designed exclusively using AM
- Rocker arms and camshaft bearing caps
- Enabled weight reduction of a 4-cylinder engine by 120 kg (25%)
- The number of components in the DTI 5 engine has been reduced by 25%, making a total of 200 fewer parts.
- “This procedure is a source of disruptive technology for the engines of tomorrow, which will be lighter and more functional, thereby offering optimal performance.”
Damien Lemasson, project manager at Renault Trucks