Americas Cup Yacht
Engine manifold parts: 3D printed from 316L stainless steel by CASCADE partners Renishaw
- Land Rover/Ben Ainslie Racing (BAR)
- Use of advanced technology to give the team a competitive edge.
- Pushing technological boundaries, and advancing Land Rover engineering to benefit future product development.
Aircraft Seat Buckles
- A conventional steel buckle weights 155 g
- Buckle designed with AM weighs 70 g (55% less)
- Airbus 380 has 853 seats, this would mean a reduction of 72.5k
- Over the airplane's lifetime, 3.3 million litres of fuel
- ~€2m saving assuming a saving of 45,000l/Kg
Rolling Mill Guide Rolls
- Ongoing case study
- Four guide rolls built to be tested in situ
- Tensile and impact samples printed at the same time as the components
- Parts can be designed and built in circa 100 hours compared to 4 months for machined parts. Attractive option for obsolete parts.
- MATERIAL - M300 Maraging Steel